Digital Business Transformation Thought Leader, Gartner Research, Flexible European location
- Ideate, define and conduct ongoing research and analysis in the Digital Business space.
- Author thought leading research focused on emerging technology trends and the related business and technology services opportunities, with a primary view on the consulting and implementation market opportunities. Current examples include mesh technologies, digital technology platforms, blockchain, artificial intelligence, and intelligent things.
- Research through reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Communities and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Fundamentally and foundationally research market share and forecast quantitative methods to size market opportunity and evaluate vendor revenue - embedding these methods into the totality of the research agenda
- Deliver value from the data through rigorous analysis, vetting of positions, collaboration and peer review.
- Provide clients with actionable advice via telephoned, email and face to face inquiries and meetings with clients in covered topic areas
- Create specified volumes of published, must have, research to fulfill our commitment to clients, enhance Gartner’s brand position, and become a “must-read” analyst
- Create user and vendor surveys analyzing resulting data to provide insight for the IT Services Provider marketplace
- Create compelling materials for and deliver face-to-face, teleconferenced, video conferences and taped presentations to for clients- including but not limited to individualized Strategic Advisory Services, Webinars, Remote SAS in addition to speaking at Gartner Events
- Attend client/prospect meeting with sales for identification of opportunities and supporting sales productivity through Proof of Concept meetings
- 5-10 years’ experience working within IT Services
- 5 years in leadership, strategic planning, consulting, or delivery capacity at an IT Services Provider
- 3 years in customer engagement, practice leadership or marketing at start up or established provider
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
- An incessant drive for continuous learning is a must. Successful analysts in this role will evolve coverage areas numerous times during the course of time.
- Relevant services experience, well versed on the business of leading and managing consulting and implementation services.
- Deep understanding of consulting business models, the competitive landscape, and user/buyer strategies.
- Financial analysis skills are a must. This includes quantitative skills necessary to express market forecasts and market share estimates as well as explain assumptions and rationale.
- Strong writing ability is mandatory. Writing efforts will require stating/staking positions, justifying those positions via research and fact base (including market surveys) and provide actionable analysis and recommendations.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely, simply and in a compelling manner that drives clients to action, and guides them to effective results and impact.
- Strong client presence and ability to relate to a myriad of client roles and enterprise organizations a must. Candidate must demonstrate the credibility to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategies effectively at multiple levels (Board, C-Level, Business Unit and Operational) and multiple client organization types (End User Client, Investors, Technology and Service Providers, Resellers, Channel Pa rtners)
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top