Digital Business Market Research Thought Leader, Gartner Research, Flexible NA Location
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 13,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
For more information, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com/technology/about.jsp.
• Ideate, define and conduct ongoing research and analysis in the Digital Business space.
• Specific concentration on emerging technology trends and their impact specifically on the IT Services consulting and implementation opportunities. Current examples include mesh technologies, digital technology platforms, blockchain, artificial intelligence, and intelligent things. Primary initial focus will be driving digital technology platforms thought leadership.
• Research through reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Communities and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
• Fundamentally and foundationally research market share and forecast quantitative methods to size market opportunity and evaluate vendor revenue - embedding these methods into the totality of the research agenda
• Deliver value from the data through rigorous analysis, vetting of positions, collaboration and peer review.
• Engage with Clients via telephoned, email and face to face inquiries and meetings with clients in covered topic areas
• Create specified volumes of published, must have, research to fulfill our commitment to clients, enhance Gartner’s brand position, and become a “must-read” analyst
• Create user and vendor surveys analyzing resulting data to provide insight for the IT Services Provider marketplace
• Create compelling materials for and deliver face-to-face, teleconferenced, video conferences and taped presentations to for clients- including but not limited to individualized Strategic Advisory Services, Webinars, Remote SAS in addition to Conferences
• Attend client/prospect meeting with sales for identification of opportunities and supporting sales productivity through Proof of Concept meetings
• Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering speeches at "prospectors" , local briefings and other venues (half-day seminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
• 5-10 years’ experience working within IT Services
• 5 years in leadership, strategic planning, consulting, or delivery capacity at an IT Services Provider
• 3 years in customer engagement, practice leadership or marketing at start up or established provider
• Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
• An incessant drive for continuous learning is a must. Successful analysts in this role will evolve coverage areas numerous times during the course of time.
• Relevant services experience, well versed on the business of leading and managing consulting and implementation services. An equally deep understanding of C&I markets, the competitive landscape, and user/buyer strategies.
• Understanding and perspective regarding the challenge of integration activities and efforts, as well as the ability to project forward thinking and positioning for integration activities.
• Strong quantitative skills are a must, including the ability to complement, contextualize and continuously project how the Services Marketplace will evolve is required. Quantitative/Financial modeling skill are a strong plus. Flexibility and versatility to work with quantitative methods to create, model and express market forecasts and market share estimates as well as explain assumptions and rationale
• Strong writing ability a must. Writing efforts will require stating/staking positions, justifying those positions via research and fact base (including market surveys) and provide actionable analysis and recommendations.
• Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely, simply and in a compelling manner that drives clients to action, and guides them to effective results and impact.
• Strong client presence and ability to relate to a myriad of client roles and enterprise organizations a must. Candidate must demonstrate the credibility to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategies effectively at multiple levels (Board, C-Level, Business Unit and Operational) and multiple client organization types (End User Client, Investors, Technology and Service Providers, Resellers, Channel Partners)
Gartner is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity. Gartner does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veterans status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All matters relating to employment with the Company are based on, and operate according to, the principle of merit.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Gartner and need special assistance due to a disability or accommodation for a disability, please send us an email at [email protected].
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top