Database Marketing Manager
The Database Marketing Manager will support Gartner's World Wide Events, Global Marketing and its constituents in the areas of list strategy and development, list aggregation, campaign performance analysis and testing. The ideal candidate for this role will have a demonstrated ability to use data to advise Gartner’s event marketing organization on how best to drive business results and maximize lead acquisition and sales conversion for Gartner events. To be successful, this candidate must blend a high proficiency in accessing, manipulating data with strong ability to turn data into strategic insights and recommendations.
The role requires deep knowledge of audience acquisition, marketing automation, and list segmentation in order to identify the right attendee for the right event at the right time. You and the team will use Eloqua, CRM and other databases to identify prospective attendees for regional events, in support of event attendance goals. You will focus on segmentation, data quality and enrichment, and provide a high volume of quality contacts for regional events that ultimately drive sales leads.
The position will be responsible for audience targeting and segmentation for Gartner events.
- Perform audience segmentation; use data to advise marketing managers on how best to drive business results and maximize lead acquisition and conversion;
- Determine more cost-effective means to deliver on marketing objectives through use of marketing automation, moving the business away from list buying and direct mail;
- Manage relationships with outside vendors to ensure group is leveraging capabilities of marketing automation platform and complying with privacy laws (CASL, GDPR, etc.) within the region;
- Develop segmentation targeting and testing processes to go deeper into current database to achieve better audience segmentation and targeting;
- Continually monitor quality of leads based on engagement levels, sales cycle length, deal size, and other criteria;
- Monitor and track efficacy of all campaign efforts and channel attribution;
- Manage the process to reactivate lapsed / dormant subscribers and update audience information;
- Coordinate with marketing leadership on email campaign strategy, universe health and size and own execution and quality of the marketing calendar.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, marketing / communications, or other related field
- 7-10 + years’ experience in database marketing or email deployment with proven track record of innovative data strategies;
- Experience with segmentation, audience acquisition, email marketing, marketing automation, and campaign analysis;
- Strong data management & manipulation skills – Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc), and working knowledge of Power BI, Access, Google Analytics, and other analysis tools such as Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc., is highly preferable;
- Must be an expert at Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, or Hubspot (or other marketing automation platforms);
- Strong self-management skills and ability to work within a team;
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work with others at different levels in the organization;
- Experience working with sales to drive quality leads.
Job ID 00020725
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top