What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role
In Gartner’s Services Data Science team, we innovate the way our team helps clients receive value, so technology leaders will be able to make smarter decisions in a different way.
We are searching for a talented engineer to join our team. You will have access to the best facilities, technology and expertise within the industry and will work on challenging data set problems. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a new venture, in a start-up environment where you can truly develop your skill set and knowledge and bring impact to the team.
What you’ll do
Here is a sample of some initiatives that our data scientists work on.
- Automate several content delivery modules to engage clients using machine learning algorithms
- Analyze surveys and correlation between survey responses and client engagement in a meaningful way so as to result in actionable insights
- Use regression models to determine factors that impact retention leading to client engagement
- Meaningful extraction of key client priorities using text analytics
- Write tools to process both structured and unstructured data
- Derive what content to recommend to clients when our Service Associate is looking to engage a client
- Extract features and signals from diverse data collections
What you’ll need
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or other technology, Math, Physics, Statistics or Economics (focus on Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval a plus)
- 7+ years’ experience in data science methodologies as applied to live initiatives or software development
- Knowledge or R or Python needed
- Minimum 2 years working experience in several of the following:
- Machine Learning and statistical techniques
- Data mining and recommendation systems
- Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval
- Experience working with large volumes of data
- User behavior modeling
Who you are
- A team player. You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Passionate about learning. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
- Organized and detailed-oriented . You think ahead of time about how best to implement new features, and your code is clean, well-organized and properly documented.
- Innovative. You are always proactively looking for opportunities to problem solve using innovative methods that impact the business
What we offer
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:36313
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top