What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to join our fast-growing Data Science team and work with a group of data scientists and data engineers to drive significant business impact. Our team focuses on driving client engagement. Engaging clients with the right piece of advice is core to our economics, and data science is one of the most impactful and scalable levers to drive this engagement.
We are looking for a data scientists to work with a team of product managers, business analysts, and engineers to build and launch recommendation and search algorithms. This will involve applying Natrual Language Processing to synthesize client search queries and offer relevant content, using machine learning to provide personalized material through recommendation and email, and applying statistical tools to measure the impact and robustness of new and existing algorithms. There is also an opportunity to work on a variety of other problems across different business units, such as understanding client retention drivers, leveraging NLP models on external information to understand client needs, optimizing sales territories through predictive modeling, collaborating with HR on people analytics and more.
Qualitative and quantitative research is required in order to create valuable user experiences, and having great people skills is crucial. Your ability iterate quickly in the data science process will both ensure proper ROI and fast iteration of the solution. Having a strong goal-orientation (vs. a task-orientation) and an anchoring on the client experience and business problems will help you navigate the decisions needed to develop impactful algorithms and deliver strong business results.
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years hands-on experience building statistical models, machine learning techniques , recommendation systems and shallow and deep learning techniques.
- Experience and proficiency with various programming languages (e.g., Python), machine learning tools (e.g., scikit-learn), statistical packages (e.g., Scipy), SQL/relational databases (e.g., Oracle) and NoSQL databass (e.g., MongoDB, graph database), Linux and shell scripting.
- Familiar with the foundational approaches to the major data science disciplines, such as data preparation, advanced statistics, machine learning, simulation, and natural language processing
- Experience and proficiency with SQL queries, Hadoop, Spark, Elasticsearch & Python.
- Good understanding of advanced statistical techniques including clustering, classification, regression, matrix factorization, recommendation, feature selection etc.
- Basic understanding of advanced machine learning models including deep learning models such as CNN, RNN, LSTM etc.
- Past experience on working in Apache Solr, NLP and/or computer Vision Projects.
- Masters in a quantitative research field (e.g., Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, etc.). PhD preferred.
- Experience of running large-scale backend services that host complex models and algorithms.
- Hands on experience in working with AWS or other cloud platform.
- Experience on working with structured and unstructured data on data aggregation, sub-setting, manipulation and pre-processing.
- Experience of creating and deploying machine learning models in cloud platform.
- Practical, intuitive problem solver with a demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actionable data science tasks and translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Connections to the recommendations and / or information retrieval academic community
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside comfort zone.
- Bias for action and completion.
Who you are:
- A team player. You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Passionate about learning. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
- Organized and detailed-oriented . You think ahead of time about how best to implement new features, and your code is clean, well-organized and properly documented.
- Innovative. You are always proactively looking for opportunities to problem solve using innovative methods that impact the business.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, Inclusion & Engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38091
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top