Data Management (DI/DW) Guru - Flexible European Location
- Dublin, Ireland
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
As a Senior Director Analyst, you will create Gartner research and analysis, communicate it to clients and support the sales force in new sales and client retention. Your research will provide insight, predictions and actionable advice to clients around data management. In addition, you will understand adjacent research areas and practices.
The field of research you will work in:
Data Management strategies and technologies and its intersection with Analytics, the broader applications market and digital business.
- How modern data management environments need to be architected to future proof against new emerging and disruptive technologies
- Data management programs in the context of broader data & analytics strategies
- Best practices for selecting, implementing and managing data management systems
Adjacent research areas, such as:
- Enterprise information management, data & analytics governance, data integration, data quality and metadata management; t echnologies and vendors of new logical and data warehouse environments and data lakes; knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Data management for IOT solutions. Complex event processing, streaming data.
What you’ll do:
- Impress with your understanding of best practices and inspire by detecting emerging next practices and trends in your field or research.
- Identify critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them.
- Create and deliver high value presentations off the back of the body of research over time.
- Conduct research and produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research analysis.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on any topic covered by the Analyst's team.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
What we look for:
- You have 8-15 years of experience within the research field.
- You demonstrate significant applicable experience in related industry discipline and deep knowledge of a particular market, role, or user strategies in specific areas.
- You have proven experience in presenting to clients at events and conferences, performing workshops and briefings.
- You will have previously held a leadership role within business or technology field.
- You bring deep understanding of both technology and industry to include the market, vendors, products and user strategies in specific areas.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s)) in related field.
- Proven record of academic achievement at highest level.
- Master's Degree in related discipline an advantage.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
- Very good story teller. Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Strong writing skills.
- Very strong team-working ethos.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
Job Requisition ID:39495
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top