Data, Content & Cloud Security Thought Leader, Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role
We excite our clients every day - on the phone, on stage or with our forward-looking written research. Cyber security and digital business create a tremendous demand for research and advice – and we are looking for individuals who will help us help our clients.
A Research Director in the Digital Workplace Security team will apply in-depth knowledge of data, content and cloud security technologies, vendors, and deployment best practices, with a particular focus on supporting business objectives. The role divides time among the following responsibilities: client inquiry (including research to answer inquiries), publishing research (text and presentations), in-the-field sales and client support, and administration. Exceptional phone interaction, writing, analytic, public speaking, and social skills are required.
There will be a focus on providing advice to clients on evaluation, selection, and deployment for the following technologies:
- Data Security
- Data Loss Prevention
- Enterprise Digital Rights Management / Information Rights Management
- Data classification, data security governance
- Data Masking
- Content Security
- Email security (incl. phishing and spam), Web security
- Key and certificate management
- Cloud Security
- Security of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS in public and private clouds, in particular Amazon, Microsoft, Google
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Cloud Workload Protection Platforms
- Cloud Security Posture Management
- The Research Director Data, Cloud and Content Security must also be able to discuss technologies in the context of IT and business processes.
What You’ll do
- Respond to 300-400 client inquiries per year, providing individualized advice to IT user clients (CIOs, CISOs, security managers) or vendor clients (product development and marketing).
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Create specified written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients (up to 8 documents per year, a couple of pages each, targeting IT leaders).
- Present at 4-5 Gartner conferences per year as an industry expert.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
What You’ll need:
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written), including the ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- 6-10 years’ work experience in relevant corporate or professional service organization, solving user problems in IT security.
- Ideal candidates will have experience in data, cloud and content security. They will have managed successful technology deployments for a large enterprise, or developed security technologies and products for a vendor.
- Understanding of how these technologies and practices are developing and to help clients with their vendor selection process - and assist vendors in overall market positioning
- Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis.
- A strong team working ethos.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:36252
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top