Country HR Manager
- Provide local expertise to guide best practice and ensure legal compliance in support of people programs and processes within a specific country or geographical region.
- Partner with HR and Finance colleagues to ensure HR transactions are administered quickly and efficiently in support of BU needs.
- Manage local on boarding processes and procedures to ensure that new associates are assimilated into the organization quickly, efficiently and professionally.
- Proactively manage legal risk and continually ensure compliance with local labour laws. Ensure policies reflect legislation and that local considerations are factored into the design and roll out of regional/global programs. Keep up to date with legal advances and prodie expertise in cases of dispute in local jurisdictions
- Coach HR colleagues, managers and associates on a variety of HR-related issues and partner with the HRP community to address issues and/or concerns.
- Serve as primary point of contact for HR representatives, managers and associates on Employee Relations issues, actively responding to and addressing associate concerns in a timely, cost efficient manner. Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts. Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership and BU leadership as appropriate. Collaborate with HR leadership and internal/external counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
- Partner with BU HR and local management to support the implementation of HR initiatives and change programs as business needs dictate.
- Partner with BU HRPs and Recruiting on day to day recruitment activity and support key initiatives to attract and retain top talent from both inside and outside the organization.
- Gain credibility by building collaborative relationships with managers and associates as well as the HR Generalist and Specialist s within the HR organization globally.
- The individual is viewed as a critical partner and key advisor within the HR organization and is respected by local leaders and the HR organization.
- Employee relations issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently to minimize legal and financial risk
- Achieves high level of client satisfaction as reflected in client feedback.
- Effective support of HR programs and execution of day to day HR processes and performance management activities with minimal risk to the organization.
- Proactively supports the roll out of programs and/or stra
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience.
- Proven HR Generalist skills including employee relations, employment law, compensation, performance management, recruitment, and training and development.
- Ability to deliver HR programs to effectively address business issues.
- Proven coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong influence skills.
- Successful track record of superior service delivery, and ensuring time, resources, energy and actions are focused on priorities that matter to the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members in a matrixed environment. Sound employment law knowledge.
- Consistent demonstration of integrity, collaboration, no limits mindset, objectivity, and delivering results consistently using global best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation and platform skills required.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in local language and English.
Job ID 00019714
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top