Coordinator, Arlington, VA, Gartner Research
This position is for a Research Coordinator role. The employee will develop a broad base of marketable skills including senior executive communications, time management, analytics, CRM, and knowledge of the corresponding industry. This team member is expected to be proactive, independent, and work well in teams. It is anticipated that the position will include responsibilities across multiple ongoing projects as well as ad-hoc analysis to support product and business development. The Coordinator position may serve as an entry point in the research career track.
· Provide administrative assistance and support to research team as needed
· Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to schedule research interviews
· Serve as primary day-to-day contact for member and prospective companies for research projects
· Ensure that CRM database (Salesforce.com) contains accurate account details, contact information, and notes regarding research interview requests
· Provide research support on a variety of projects
· Maintain project dashboards to provide clear and accurate visibility into project ownership, progress and next steps
· Assist in the editing of reports to ensure high-quality deliverables
· Work with management to maintain research work plans, coordinate team checkpoint meetings, and provide appropriate reminders and follow-ups
· Assist in miscellaneous administrative and clerical duties: reserving conference rooms, ordering catering for practice-wide meetings, managing expenses for senior leaders, etc.
· Own the event operations of annual strategy meetings for each prograom by scheduling calls, maintaining the member database, assisting with logistics, and serving as a day to day contact for members
· Develop and maintain event production plan and manage internal and external partners to meet deadlines for sponsored webinars
· Assist with program(s) web-site clean-up and maintenance (topic center refresh, search optimization, etc.)
· Create high-quality executive summaries and merchandisers for use as marketing collateral
· Recruit member participation for diagnostics and surveys. This would include working with program contacts to: ensure the right people are being targeted; send invitations/links; follow up with members via phone or email to confirm participation; deliver reports, and schedule advisory debriefs (as needed).
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Strong attention to detail
· Effective time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
· Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; equally comfortable working via email and phone
· Exceptional focus on customer service
· Ability to work across teams and build relationships with staff at all levels
· Advanced computer and Internet search skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Superior problem solving ability; ability to learn substance of research quickly
· Exceptional ability to establish credibility with senior-level executives
· Demonstrated persistence, initiative, and resourcefulness
Job ID 00015774
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top