Conversion Optimization Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Title: Conversion Optimization Engineer - Austin, TX
About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
We are looking for a testing specialist with coding experience to contribute to the success of our CRO program within Gartner Digital Markets (GDM) websites including Capterra, Software Advice and GetApp. This role encompasses conversion optimization for paid search, display, retargeting, social, contextual, partnerships, branding and more. You will join a thriving and collaborative team and be expected to outline requirements and mock-up initial CRO tests, code and launch landing page tests, and analyze results. An understanding of the conversion funnel and CRO best practices are a plus. We are looking for someone with coding experience who is interested in joining a marketing team and improving conversion rates. Great opportunity for a junior engineer who wants to thrive in a marketing environment.
What You Will Do:
- Outline testing hypotheses and ideas. Coordinate with the Marketing and Product teams across SEO, SEM, Branding, and more to brainstorm and outline testing ideas.
- Manage the testing roadmap to keep product and marketing teams informed on upcoming tests and priority shifts in upcoming tests.
- Develop test requirements and mock-ups. Work with our Marketing and Product teams to set the testing goals, draft wireframes and write tech requirements so they can be easily communicated and passed to our Engineering teams for development.
- Utilize knowledge of backend framework to code more complex tests.
- Own the tracking, management, and analysis for all performance marketing tests. You will leverage industry-leading testing platforms to track, report and manage all CRO testing.
- Report on testing results. Communicate testing results to management and leadership.
- Share and build on successes. Leverage testing learnings across the businesses to accelerate success.
What You Will Need:
- Project management and execution experience. You consistently drive projects and execute through the team to deliver improvements to conversion rate, revenue, profit, quality, user experience and more.
- Hands on experience in all testing platforms, including Optimizely, Optimize 360, Adobe, Visual Website Optimizer and other leading platforms.
- Thirst for overachieving. You meet goals, you set new benchmarks for success. You are excited by new challenges, take calculated risks, and push yourself to achieve maximum results.
- Top analytical skills. You are able to analyze large data sets and understand the conversion funnel to run tests that will improve performance. You’re very comfortable with Google Analytics and other analytics platforms.
- Risk taking mindset. You’re hungry to deliver growth and have a gritty ‘test and learn’ mentality that is willing to take calculated risks.
- Passion about Product responsibilities. You can take testing objectives and translate them into wireframes and requirements that you deliver to our Product and Engineering teams for development.
- CRO expertise, a plus.
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Job Requisition ID:28788
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top