When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Responsible for review and negotiation of Sales (Research, Consulting and Events) contracts; includes interface with Gartner’s Sales organization, Legal organization, Finance organization and operating business units to ensure compliance with not only country-level legal requirements, but also internal policies and legal standards
What you’ll do:
- Support Sales, Consulting and Events teams in reviewing Client negotiations, Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other forms of solicitations for Gartner services; preparing, communicating and negotiating exceptions to proposed contract terms within Corporate guidelines, where applicable, and assisting ancillary information requests related to contractual and business matters.
- Review and negotiate as needed Contracts, Standard Agreements, Purchase Orders, Variations, etc.
- Manage Gartner’s contracts and contractual relationships within assigned territory.
- Understand and communicate contractual requirements to internal stakeholders, including data capture of negotiated clauses.
- Work with Gartner’s Pricing and Deal Hub Teams to support in the development of price proposals for framework agreements.
- Work with Gartner’s Legal team on negotiations and strategies for non-standard terms and finalizing agreements and RFP’s
- Conduct “issue-specific” and “new hire” training for Sales/Consulting/Events/Client Financial Services, as applicable.
- Answer inquiries from and propose problem resolution for Gartner’s internal Client Financial Services for booking and Accounts Receivables issues.
- Write formal claims justifications to resolve Account Receivable disputes.
- Suggest changes to standard Gartner agreement documents for specific countries based on regularly negotiated points.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with discipline in law/ business management or similar
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience negotiating contracts with client legal & procurement departments, as well as with C-level professionals.
- Strong understanding of contracts: Expertise in contract drafting and negotiation
- Excellent communication skills developed in a sales driven environment.
- Thorough understanding of how an IT business/sales force operates
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts to protect company’s Intellectual Property; this includes having client-facing experience in working/negotiating directly with clients.
- Experience with Government Contracts desired
- Effective Public Speaking and Communication skills: collaborate with a Sales Organization/internal business units and liaise with c-level executives at client.
- Ability to influence others.
- Willingness to assume responsibility and adaptability for the role, while displaying a sense of urgency to the business.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Gartner Core Values: Integrity, Objectivity, Results, Collaboration
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top