Content Writer - Digital Markets (tech writing)
We are looking for a Senior Content Analyst to write compelling content for Gartner’s Digital Markets research group. This research group assists business leaders of small and medium sized companies in finding and selecting the right software. The Gartner digital Markets business is comprised of three internet brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are markets leaders in this space. For qualified candidates exploring the technology space as their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working in a start-up atmosphere, combined with the stability and power of Gartner, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a fast growing business.
Gartner’s GetApp content marketing research team is looking for a passionate and experienced content analyst to produce high quality, insightful articles to help small businesses make the right software choices. As a content analyst you will be responsible for growing traffic to the GetApp site and improving user engagement by delivering must-have editorial content about cloud-based business software and technology trends.
Working as part of Gartner Research, you will have access to vast amounts of market data and analysis to help you create great content.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Loves to write.
- Has a native level of English.
- Has a minimum of 2+ years of content writing experience.
- Has a passion for technology, ideally with a background in IT or tech journalism
- Would enjoy researching and analyzing markets to identify relevant topics.
- Has a working knowledge of SEO, WordPress, Google Analytics, and Google Docs.
- Is highly organized and used to working to deadlines.
- Staying on top of trends and identifying important topics ideas using search engine keyword research.
- Research the important issues small businesses face in their selection and adoption of information technology
- Produce high quality editorial content to engage audiences and drive traffic.
- Work closely with Gartner Research colleagues to leverage relevant research to illuminate articles for small business software buyers.
- Collaborate with key industry influencers to produce high quality content.
- Promote your content in online communities aimed at small businesses
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
BA in English or BS in Computer Sciences or equivalent fields of study.
● 3+ years of content writing experience.
● Prior experience in corporate/software environment and/or for a content marketing organization highly desired.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
● Exceptional writing skills across different content topics and formats. Proficiency in AP Style.
● Strong analytical abilities in researching topics and distilling out the critical issues.
Experience with WordPress and other Content Management Systems (CMS).
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentations).
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top