Content Writer - Capterra
Are you a writing nerd and voracious reader? Do you both know what an Oxford comma is, and have a strong opinion about it? Have you ever started a secret blog because you needed a creative outlet for your words?
You may be a perfect fit for the senior content writer role for Gartner’s Digital Markets content group.
Capterra, a Gartner company, is looking for a new senior content writer to join our team. We're particularly interested in writers with a background in blogging, SEO, journalism, or risk-taking. If your favorite websites include Wired , TechCrunch , and MarketingProfs , you'll feel right at home.
Our team of writers produces the bulk of content on Capterra's site. We cover everything from construction management software to training technology. Writers are expected to produce 2-3 pieces of content a week within their niches. You’ll write blog posts, research reports, external guest posts, eBooks, and occasionally speak at conferences. You may even be asked to manage an intern or two once you're settled.
Job responsibilities include:
- Staying on top of trends and identifying important topic ideas using SEO keyword research.
- Researching the important issues small businesses face in their selection and adoption of information technology.
- Producing 1-3 high quality editorial content pieces a week to engage audiences and drive traffic.
- Working closely with Gartner Research colleagues to leverage relevant research to illuminate articles for small business software buyers.
- Promoting your content through relationships with industry influencers, and on social networks like LinkedIn groups, Twitter, Quora, and Google Plus
In return you’ll get:
- T o make a competitive living from your writing
- To work at an awesome, growing tech company in Arlington full of hyper-motivated, incredible people
- To follow our dress code, which is, “wear something”
- To enjoy our generous vacation policy
- To benefit from our flexible hours and open office
- To bring your full passion for writing to bear with challenging, creative work
- 2+ years of content writing experience
- Native level of English
- Passion for technology and software
- Working knowledge of SEO, WordPress, Google Analytics, and Google Docs
- Highly organized and used to working to deadlines
- Experience with WordPress and other Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Strong analytical abilities in researching topics and distilling out the critical issues.
- Exceptional writing skills across different content topics and formats. Proficiency in AP Style.
- Prior experience in corporate/software environment and/or for a content marketing organization highly desired.
Job ID 00020742
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top