- Portland, OR
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
The job of the Content Manager is to design and deliver compelling content tailored to each executive community we serve. This position develops event agendas across a portfolio of C-level events. The Content Manager conducts research and phone interviews to identify appropriate topics, secures speakers, creates appropriate session formats, and analyzes attendee feedback to measure success.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with program management to create compelling event agendas
- Schedule and lead calls with C-level executives and speakers
- Creatively write speaker profiles, presentation abstracts, invitations, stage scripts and prepare a variety of digital and print marketing materials in adherence with Associate Press and Evanta, a Gartner Company Style Guide
- Conduct efficient, independent and creative research on topics impacting Fortune 1000 organizations and C-level executives
- Negotiate, draft and manage speaker agreements with authors, thought leaders and industry experts
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, operations and other business units to ensure alignment with event strategy and delivery
- Evaluate content quality of events to achieve continual improvement
- Manage content projects, create and deliver departmental training, and provide support to content colleagues as needed
- Approximately 10% travel to events is required
- Provide customer service to large sponsor accounts
- 2-3 years relevant work experience is required
- Previous events industry experience is not required
- Enthusiasm, confidence, a strong professional work ethic and strong business acumen
- Ability to establish and build relationships with high-profile business executives
- Superior organizational and project management skills, along with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and synthesize information quickly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to learn new subject matter quickly
- Effective interviewing skills
- Professional business and/or technical writing experience
- Proven track record managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Preference working in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, journalism, English or related field is required
Job Requisition ID:40698
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top