What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
The job of the Content Director is to lead a team of conference producers who create and deliver compelling conference agendas tailored to each C-level executive community we serve. The Content Director role requires a leader who is a skilled agenda producer with the ability to research, design and deliver a content strategy for Evanta brands as well as coach a team to do the same. The Content Director will partner with sales, marketing, client services and operations to execute innovative, scalable and customizable strategies to ensure the commercial success of the events.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Communicate job expectations to a team of 5-8 Content Managers and guide them in achieving business results by coaching and monitoring agenda building activities, timelines and marketing deliverables
- Ensure your portfolio of conferences meets business objects to deliver innovative, compelling, relevant agendas for C-level executives
- Act as brand content expert for 1-2 C-level functional areas and work with business stakeholders to develop and deliver a content agenda strategy for those brands
- Collaborate with business leaders to evolve attendee experience, create sponsorship opportunities, and innovate new agenda formats
- Provide project leadership, performance improvement and training for assigned Centers of Excellence areas to improve overall business performance of Content Department
- Develop and deploy new Content team training materials and processes and provide coaching and strategic guidance to Content team members
- Identify key competitive conferences and market trends
- Evaluate content quality of Evanta conferences to achieve continual improvement
- Build conference agendas as necessary to meet business objectives
- Up to 15% travel to conferences is required
- Four-year college degree is required
- 2+ years’ conference production experience
- 2+ years’ management experience
- Experience successfully creating and producing conferences within a fast-paced commercial setting
- Working knowledge of content relevant to Fortune 1000 organizations and C-level executives
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities and understand how different conference formats and sessions can be monetized
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Ability to quickly calculate business risks and benefits and make decisions that support business objectives
- Strong negotiator with proven ability to effectively secure and manage keynote-worthy conference speakers
- Enthusiasm, confidence, a strong professional work ethic and strong business acumen
- Superior organizational and project management skills, along with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and synthesize information quickly and effectively
- Ability to travel occasionally, estimated to be 15 - 20%
Job Requisition ID:34466
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top