Consulting Director (Financial Services)
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in banking and insurance to speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Gartner consulting is known for being leading edge while realistic in their view of the future, pragmatic & collaborative during project execution and fact oriented & independent in their advice.
The Director will be an integral part of a team responsible for the leading banks and insurance companies in Germany. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Operating at the Top-Management-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their digital strategies. As a successful Director you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm or from a strategy department within a bank or insurer;
- MBA qualification desirable;
- Significant IT industry understanding; financial services experience essential;
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Business development experience, evidence of developing new service advantageous;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Ability to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Ability to synthesis and translate complex technical aspects into business terms and define from business objectives and constraints complex technical solutions;
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in our Düsseldorf, Frankfurt or Munich office and travel as required (potentially several days per week);
- Fluent in English and German. Other European languages advantageous;
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Your application and the data therein are received and processed by Gartner UK Ltd., which is operating as shared HR service provider for the EMEA entities of the Gartner group. Your application will be shared by Gartner UK Ltd. with those persons within the Gartner group which decide about the steps of your application.
Job ID 00017563
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top