Consultant, North America MBA/Graduate Recruitment Program
Gartner Consulting is the leading independent IT and business consultancy, helping clients define key IS/IT strategies, manage major technology initiatives, optimize business processes and operations though IT and telecommunications and achieve high returns on their related investments. Using Gartner methodologies, benchmarks and the full power of Gartner Research, we help clients to measure performance, optimize and create quantifiable business value, independently from implementation interests.
Gartner is growing its high-performance consulting team. Our business success is supported by the impeccable quality of our delivery, the trust we inspire to our clients, and the high level of experience and track record of our consultants. Our projects are mainly to large international and local accounts at a strategic level. Local and global clients derive value from this team as well as from the participation of our internal colleagues.
Working with the highest levels of clients’ IS/IT and business management, Gartner Consultants have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping/validating/auditing clients’ IT business contribution and performance, in helping them successfully manage their Critical Programs or in defining their Go-to-Market strategies.
As a successful Consultant, you will:
• Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented
• Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations, under the guidance of experienced Gartner consultants
• Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
• Participate as a member of Gartner teams into the creation of high quality non opposable diagnosis and actionable strategic results on clients’ behalf
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• I llustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set
Please note we are hiring into the following locations: Boston, MA, New York, NY, Arlington, VA, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Santa Clara, CA, Los Angeles, CA, San Diego, CA, Sacramento, CA, Seattle, WA, Toronto, ON, Canada and Ottawa, ON, Canada
· A graduate-level degree in business, technology or related field
· Demonstrable analytical experience with an established business and/or IT consulting firm or proven coursework of study
· Ability to write and deliver business reports and high-quality executive presentations
· Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
· Natural passion to learn about the constantly evolving IT world — trends, services and products
• IT industry understanding and experience sought
• Ability to analyze problems
• Ability to make informed decisions and seek and accept guidance and coaching from team
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments)
• Fluency in English with other languages as interesting options
• Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and a true team player
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Willingness to travel (potentially several days per week)
Experience in any of the following areas is a highly preferred: IT Strategy, Governance, Organization, Enterprise Architecture, Sourcing, Business Process Management and Outsourcing, Critical Program Management, Development cycles, Channel Management, R&D, Product Management, Corporate Strategy, Competitive Analysis, Financial Analysis
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
Why clients choose Gartner Consulting
Today’s businesses and organizations are facing unprecedented digital change and disruption. Organizations can navigate this world on their own but with the pace of change always accelerating, it helps to have an expert partner.
We offer world-class operational evaluation and improvement methodologies to free up capital that enables investment in new digital opportunities. This bimodal approach is useful and attractive to clients in all sectors. Our programs provide world-leading expertise in meeting key challenges with:
· Security and risk management
· In-depth digital analytics
· Agile working methodologies
· Interrogative review of applications and infrastructure
· First-class sourcing and pricing strategies
In addition, Gartner methodologies span the entire decision cycle from strategy
and development to sales measurement and market success, and include:
· Magic Quadrants
· Strength, weakness, opportunity and threat analyses (SWOTs)
· Vendor Ratings
· Market Forecasts
· Market Analysis
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top