Consultant, IT Strategy Consulting, Security Practice
- Madrid, Spain
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the Security Practice is growing its team in Madrid
The Consultant will join a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of large-scale organisations. You will form part of a project team that advises clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies. As a successful Consultant, you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high-quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Completed university level education with an outstanding and consistent academic record, MBA qualification preferred;
- Significant IT industry understanding; experience in IT Risk and Security consulting advantageous;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Ability to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
- Ability to make informed decisions and seek and accept guidance and coaching from team;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Ability to synthesis and translate complex technical aspects into business terms and define from business objectives and constraints complex technical solutions;
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in our Madrid office and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, such as Security and Risk Management techniques;
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Job Requisition ID:38954
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top