Conferences Marketing Manager
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
We are seeking an innovative, commercially driven Marketing Manager to deliver paid conference registrations for assigned volume and revenue goals. This individual will be responsible for creating and executing complex marketing and digital strategies and campaigns to targeted client and prospect segments, resulting in paid self-service registrations or qualified sales leads that result in paid registrations. He/she will have a deep understanding of the business roles and will utilize this knowledge to develop engaging, value-based messaging and marketing approaches. This individual will work closely with product research, conference program management, sales and other stakeholders to serve as the marketing expert and business partner.
- Working with product research and conference program management to develop a deep understanding of product offerings and conference agenda to successfully develop, position, package, and communicate the value proposition of Gartner and the conference to potential attendees
- Developing segmentation, competitive differentiation, targeted marketing, and market opportunity assessments
- Creating value-based product/conference messaging & positioning, competitive differentiation, and story lines for conference promotion (both existing and new launches) through collateral, video, web, SEM and other channels
- Driving/consuming external client and conference attendee survey data from Customer Insights to inform campaign strategy and launch
- Leveraging Digital Marketing Center of Excellence and analytics tools to inform and identify the best channel mix to drive best possible ROI on campaign spend
- Defining and executing campaigns aligned with buyer journey – from lead acquisition to registration, leveraging re-targeting efforts to maximize overall engagement
- Improving sales teams’ ability to authentically engage with segments through easy-to-absorb prospect conversation scripting and conference materials, in addition to maintaining central repository for sales support tools.
- Cultivate and execute on program-specific promotional opportunities (conferences, co-branding partnerships, etc.) that help to generate leads and build sales pipelines.
- Executing all campaign elements, continually reviewing performance metrics, identifying innovative new ways to drive demand, and revising campaigns accordingly
- Actively monitoring demand conversion and registrations, identify challenges and solutions, and report results to stakeholders
- Interacting directly with various functional groups, developing/presenting marketing plans and influencing their thinking on and approach to conference messaging and promotion.
- Metrics-driven and insatiably curious with a minimum of 5-7+ years’ experience in outbound / digital marketing and direct responsibility for delivering revenue through marketing and sales channels
- Exceptional project management skills
- Knowledge and experience in marketing campaign creation, lead management, and pipeline conversion
- Data-driven and analytical; experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Great interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills
- Email marketing, with marketing automation experience such as Eloqua or similar
- Experience with fundamental principles of design
- Web content creation and content management skills; experience with Adobe Experience Manager a plus
- Left Brain + Right Brain by nature; understand data and analysis and be able to use it to calibrate campaigns and create better content/copy
Job Requisition ID:36657
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top