Conference Program Director
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
This critical position is responsible for developing the content, programs, and experiences of several Gartner conferences, as well as overall management of those events.
The Program Director owns the conference(s) assigned and is tasked with 2 main missions:
- Develop the event strategy and orchestrate cross-functional team collaboration to drive growth, profitability and customer retention.
- Create the most compelling attendee-driven conference agenda based on market needs and requirements, in close partnership with Gartner Research chair.
To achieve desired results, Program Director collaborates with various stakeholders including:
- Gartner Research and Gartner Consulting
- Audience Acquisition / Marketing
- Sponsorship Sales
- Conference Operations / Logistics
- Research Marketing and Sales
Specifically, the Program Director:
- Creates client-focused programs that will deliver the highest results
- Identifies and secures guest speakers: keynote, panelists, case studies, etc.
- Drives primary and secondary market research to understand client issues and behaviors
- Identifies target audience and defines positioning for assigned conferences
- Working in partnership with Exhibitor Products team, identifies and defines sponsorship opportunities for his or her events
- Identifies and evaluates competitive events, including attending competitive events
- Creates the conference or portfolio strategy, in collaboration with other global colleagues & stakeholders
- Evangelizes and promotes assigned conferences to internal and external constituents
- Innovates conference experiences, content and formats
- Works closely with Events Marketing to create compelling messaging and campaigns to drive growth and increase retention, as well as assist in the development of partnerships with associations, user groups, and media sources
- Collaborates with Events Sales to identify prospective exhibitors, articulate the value proposition, and accelerate sales growth and retention
- Collaborates with Event Operations to ensure we deliver a great attendee and sponsor experience in an efficient and cost-effective way
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
- 12-15+ years’ experience in conference management or content-rich program planning
- 5-7+ years’ experience in conference content strategy, development and creation
- Experience with large, complex multi-day/multi-track conference programs preferred
- Proven ability to drive overall direction and development of conference programs: specifically content strategy and creation, agenda development, speaker management, etc.
- Experience in driving or supporting audience and sponsorship acquisition
- Proven track record creating and executing strategy, and identifying untapped market and growth opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative matrix environment, with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and ability to influence
- Global / multinational event experience strongly preferred
- Good multi-project management, prioritization, time management capacity
- IT / tech sector familiarity or interest a plus
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel, including international
Job Requisition ID:G20122
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top