Conference Planner, Exhibit Operations & Strategy
- Irving, TX
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
We are looking to bring on a Conference Planner with responsibility over exhibit operations, service delivery and sponsorship fulfillment for Gartner’s conference portfolio in the NA region. This individual will be responsible for the development, management and execution of the engagement strategy relating to exhibits and sponsorship for the conferences they lead.
- Lead operational delivery and strategy of all exhibitor elements across multiple B2B conferences including project management, floor plan management, inventory and capacity management, financial management (forecasting, budgeting and reconciliation), staff planning and production scheduling.
- Develop, maintain and improve exhibit floor plans to maximize revenue opportunities and engagement.
- Manage conference budgets with direct responsibility for all costs associated with exhibitor fulfillment and delivery; produce accurate monthly forecasts and manage expenses effectively.
- Attend conferences as the onsite lead for exhibit delivery including managing the production schedule, agency partners and vendors and conference staff.
- Develop and maintain exhibit inventory and capacity planning as it relates to the show floor, speaking sessions and other marketing opportunities.
- Analyze data to determine best course of action on various conference elements.
- Manage and maintain online portal that holds all logistical information and details for exhibitors ensuring best possible experience for clients.
- Anticipate and react to client requests with a service focus that delivers exceedingly high value to drive exhibitor retention.
- Liaise with key conference partners and team members (internal and external) to ensure
- Achieve operational excellence and process efficiencies across all aspects of the conference delivery.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Gartner’s conference business including the value proposition of each conference for attendees and exhibitors and the value proposition of each exhibitor product.
- Standardized operational processes, project management and best practices both in the planning and onsite execution stages of conference production and delivery.
- Develop an innovative and creative approach to all aspects of the role – team management, engagement strategy and operational execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 3+ Years Conference Management, Experiential Marketing, Conference Marketing and/or Tradeshow Management
- Proven conference operational skills including production schedules, budget management and conference staffing
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Proven experience in managing agency and vendor partners
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Motivated team player with desire to learn and grow
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement and manage change and strive for continuous improvement
- Passionate approach/methodology to deliver exceptional results
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
Job Requisition ID:38412
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top