Compliance & Ethics Specialist
Gartner is a company built on trust. Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity is critical to maintaining the trust we have with our clients and the market. It is essential to the continued success of our brand. The Ombudsman Compliance & Ethics Specialist is responsible for ensuring conformity with Gartner’s Code of Conduct and addressing questions or concerns about the integrity or objectivity of any Gartner business or associate.
What you’ll do:
- Enhance Gartner’s client value and brand by openly and assertively addressing issues of analytical independence, accuracy, and integrity through compliance with objectivity standards.
- Adjudicate methodological, policy and ethical compliance issues and disputes with internal associates, clients, and non-clients by evaluating Gartner content for fairness, balance, objectivity, and adherence to methodologies and guidelines.
- Deliver greater visibility into Gartner's processes and methodologies and recommend changes where needed.
- Follow and share best-practice case handling with peers.
- Maintain and improve internal guidelines/practices/policies.
- Assess risk associated with claims and formulate approaches to mitigate them.
- Identify root causes to fundamentally improve the quality of Gartner products and services and suggest updates to guidelines and training, to avoid or remedy systemic problems.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in a research, legal, or compliance environment; Experience in IT industry a plus
- Outstanding oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Confident, empathetic, analytical
- Collaborative team player
- Adept problem–solver
- Conflict-resolution/mediation skills and experience a plus
- A plus for any candidate who understands the processes involved in researching, writing, reviewing and approving written research.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top