Community Development Specialist
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
In this role you’ll be responsible for providing white-glove customer service, and managing your time on research projects, data entry, and data management. To be successful in this position you’ll need to be tenacious and comfortable on the phone talking to executive leaders, and use excellent verbal and written communication skills to build and maintain relationships with a high degree of professionalism. In this role you will support our corporate events and the executives that attend. As a Community Development Specialist, you are responsible for building and developing communities from the top companies in the nation to allow collaboration in driving personal and corporate performance.
- Build and develop communities of executive leaders for Evanta events, by data mining contacts and managing your territory lists. Analyze data to build profiles for targeted organizations and executives within the region.
- During our busy seasons you’ll produce 70-100 calls per day to executives in your territory informing them of upcoming events to achieve registration goals for your territories and events.
- Support our internal Business Development team by reaching out to event sponsors and scheduling initial sales calls for our Business Development Manager.
- Act as main point-of-contact for our internal sales team.
- Attend assigned Evanta events and support registration activities on-site.
- Compile results from surveys after events and provide detailed reports on outcomes to internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of client relations or call center experience
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, LinkedIn, Web-browser and search engine navigation and CRM/ database management
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Proven relationship-builder with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly reliable self-starter, can be counted on to complete assignments
- Possess a positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Demonstrate confidence
- Resourceful in solving problems and maximizing resources
- Minimal internati onal and domestic travel required (1-2 times per year)
Job ID 00019975
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top