Community Development Specialist
What makes Gartner Events a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Worldwide Events you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 60,000 business and technology leaders, including over 8,000 CIOs, at 65+ events each year. You’ll work with smart people, receive continual investment in your talent and learn about the latest in all things digital. With annual event revenue expected to exceed $300 million, our events team has achieved double-digit growth and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2016 and beyond. If you enjoy challenge, connecting with people and are optimistic about your future, don’t miss this opportunity.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
In this role you ll be responsible for providing white-glove customer service, and managing your time on research projects, data entry, and data management. To be successful in this position you ll need to be tenacious and comfortable on the phone talking to executive leaders, and use excellent verbal and written communication skills to build and maintain relationships with a high degree of professionalism. In this role you will support our corporate events and the executives that attend. As a Community Development Specialist, you are responsible for building and developing communities from the top companies in the nation to allow collaboration in driving personal and corporate performance.
- Build and develop communities of executive leaders for Evanta events, by data mining contacts and managing your territory lists. Analyze data to build profiles for targeted organizations and executives within the region.
- During our busy seasons you ll produce 70-100 calls per day to executives in your territory informing them of upcoming events to achieve registration goals for your territories and events.
- Support our internal Business Development team by reaching out to event sponsors and scheduling initial sales calls for our Business Development Manager.
- Act as main point-of-contact for our internal sales team.
- Attend assigned Evanta events and support registration activities on-site.
- Compile results from surveys after events and provide detailed reports on outcomes to internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor s degree is preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of client relations or call center experience
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, LinkedIn, Web-browser and search engine navigation and CRM/ database management
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Proven relationship-builder with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly reliable self-starter, can be counted on to complete assignments
- Possess a positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Demonstrate confidence
- Resourceful in solving problems and maximizing resources
- Minimal international and domestic travel required (1-2 times per year)
Job Requisition ID:G19975
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G19975
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top