Are you looking for a fast-paced career with outstanding advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, think about joining our Gartner Business Sales team as a Commercial Director. A Commercial Director is a management role responsible for delivering a revenue target while simultaneously managing the performance and professional development of a team of Account Executives (AEs) on our Midsized Enterprise team. In this role, you’ll work in an exciting and collaborative environment, surrounded by talented, motivated, and intellectual colleagues. On top of it all, you’ll be joining an office that is rapidly growing.
How You Will Make an Impact
• Ensure achievement of revenue (contract value) goals, both through new business sales and renewing existing clients, within a geographic region
• Manage a team of 6-10 Account Executives who are responsible for revenue targets and customer satisfaction/advocacy
• Identify potential revenue generation issues and course correct ahead of the problem
• Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner’s proven recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
• Participate in commercial conversations and provide real time coaching to individual contributors
• Deliver formal and informal performance feedback to staff on a regular basis
We are Looking for Driven Team Players Who
• Have a Bachelor’s degree preferred; all majors considered, advanced degrees welcomed
• At least 5 years of B2B sales experience and at least 2 years of sales or account management experience
• Excel when influencing C-level executives and other sophisticated buying groups
• Thrive when managing, coaching, and motivating a high performance sales team in a fast paced team environment
• Have demonstrated results managing commercial teams with 75%+ new hires
• Proven experience with putting in place scalable coaching and development focused on new hire speed to productivity
• Demonstrate a strong history of meeting personal and team monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
• Has experience working with or developing best practices/strategies for C-level executives
• Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team’s professional growth
• Proven experience with putting in place scalable coaching and development focused on new hire speed productivity.
• Ability to take ownership for own professional growth and support the team’s professional growth
What We Offer
• Competitive base salary plus incentive potential
• Best in class sales and management training and support
• Annual incentive trips that reward and recognize top sales performance
• Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, paid time off, employee stock purchase plan, flexible spending account, tuition assistance, complimentary onsite gym access, and more
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world's leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P
500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We're trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries—across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit cebglobal.com and gartner.com.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 00019607
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top