Collections Specialist - Bilingual Spanish/English
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Collections Specialist is an integral member of the finance organization and will work with various accounting, finance and treasury personnel to drive and support continuous improvement by developing and documenting new processes.
What you’ll do:
- Initiate contact with client to ensure services are paid within contractual terms. Evaluate Client’s payment history to approve and/or recommend non-standard terms for new business. Follow escalation process for delinquent accounts. Work with various accounting, finance and treasury personnel to drive and support continuous improvement by developing and documenting new processes;
- Understand and adhere to all corporate empowerment matrix
- Start collections process through iCollections automated collections workflows and combine collection efforts via phone and email to the Client
- Electronically invoice and collect through Clients web portals where required
- Identify Client issues early and escalate to management and sales
- Provide recommendations for enforcing terms or preparing a payment plan directly with the Client.
- Collaborate with DealHub to review and evaluate credit history and provide approval for non-standard payment term requests within the CFS empowerment matrix guidelines
- Prepare credit memos with appropriate back-up detail and coding for service cancellations and bad debt write-offs
- Prepare refund requests with appropriate back-up detail for all client refunds
- Provide monthly reports to management and Sales on all balances >$10K 60 days + delinquent
- Maintain collections history in Oracle – iCollections.
- Meet and exceed all monthly and quarterly targets set by management for both research and Events.
- Billing – review client contract to ensure local billing is issued in accordance with contract terms & conditions.
- Cash applications – identify/apply cash payments, investigate/resolve withholding tax discrepancies
- Support with events billing/collections/processing credit card payments and updating system
- Investigate anomalies identified to determine root causes and offer solutions to improve process
- Understand multiple internal areas including CFS process & system, accounts receivable process, basic product structure and company initiatives in order to investigate and resolve issues raised or identified.
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3 or more years of related office experience in one of the following areas:
- Customer Service, Collections, Sales Support.
- Must be fluent in both Spanish and English
- Understanding of Mexican GAAP is a plus
- Proficient in all Microsoft Software
- Oracle and a CRM system knowledge a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization
- Effective listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top