CMO, Digital Markets
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a native digital marketer with experience managing multi-site/brand digital platforms at an ecommerce or online marketplace company. S/he will be a charismatic and highly experienced marketing professional with a hands-on experience, preferably at a global level.
We are looking for a strategic thinker and strong executer, who can deliver against programs and initiatives that will immediately drive traffic, marketing value-add and contribute to revenue and gross profit performance. S/he will have a proven track record of delivering results and building businesses and brands, ideally through in-house teams. Strong CRO experience required.
S/he has also shown strong leadership capabilities and the ability to build high performing teams around him/her, while upgrading programmatic marketing and branding competencies in the organization. The ideal candidate thrives in people management roles and enjoys creating results through others in a motivating and challenging way.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing SEO, SEM, partnership, brand, and marketing analytics teams/resources across Buyer and Vendor facing brands.
- Increasing/optimizing traffic through organic search, paid search, social, display, partnerships, referrals, and direct channels across all four brands (Capterra, Software Advice, GetApp and Gartner Digital Markets) to achieve revenue and margin growth objectives.
- Building recognized brand(s) to increase direct traffic and reduce reliance on search; be the architect behind the integrated brand strategy including brand positioning/differentiation and delivering a global online brand platform and messaging for the digital marketplaces with a focus on the small business segment. Will include both online and off-line advertising (radio, TV, events, sponsorships, etc).
- Partnering with the Research/Content team to increase organic rankings and drive traffic through content marketing, backlinks and optimized on-site content.
- Optimizing paid traffic across sites to reduce competitive bidding between sites and maximize ROI of substantial paid spend.
- Leading marketing analytics to maximize ROI of campaigns and determine where to focus investments.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of proven digital marketing experience in progressively senior roles leadership, ideally with substantial experience in both creative and data-driven marketing roles (e.g. SEO/SEM, Digital Marketing, Lead Generation, etc.).
- Experience in building brand(s) in an on-line environment, with a preference for B2B ecommerce or online marketplaces. (i.e. Trip Advisor, Expedia, Zillow/Trulia, IAC)
- Demonstrable success in creating, executing and measuring integrated marketing campaigns across channels with a track record of success achieving KPIs.
- Previous experience managing multichannel marketing budgets and processes.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of CRM and Marketing Automation platforms such as Sugar and Eloqua.
Key competencies for the successful candidate will include:
- Leadership: Highly articulate with excellent communication skills. Operates equally effectively in formal and informal settings. Able to engage and influence business partners and stakeholders through his/her enthusiasm and excitement about the brand and business. Builds and sustains excellent internal and external relationships at multiple levels. Is a natural leader who is also willing to listen and partner. Attracts, retains and develops strong talent. Rigorously holds oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of performance. Has high emotional intelligence and self-awareness. Conveys a sense of mission and drives issues to closure.
- Partnership & Influencing: Possesses strong people leadership skills, including a balance between personal confidence and willingness to listen and partner. Has excellent listening and cognitive skills and the ability to influence, shape and drive dialogue by building “buy-in” across the organization on topics relevant to the consumer, the market and business strategy. Develops collaborative relationships within a diverse group of senior leaders with varying styles. Capable of collaboratively working in and through a matrix management environment.
- Strategic & Analytical Capabilities: Exceptionally bright and able to grasp the essentials in complex situations. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom. Highly customer-centric. Possesses a strong right brain/left brain balance. Continues to develop an in-depth understanding of the business through ongoing category, channel, product, technology, and consumer analysis. Acts quickly to seize opportunities; spot and capitalize on trends. Maintains an external view defined by sophistication and unique insight. Translates data into focused insights.
- Innovation and Creativity: Innovative and creative thinker, known for developing new ways to build brands and drive online traffic through programmatic marketing tactics. Continuously seeking, trying and testing new ways to communicate brands and engage customers. Deep understanding of the digital landscape and a fluent user of social and mobile platforms. S/he capitalizes on new trends and generates innovative strategies and approaches for addressing future scenarios.
Job Requisition ID:26967
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 26967
Back to top