Cloud Infrastructure and Networking Thought Partner, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
The Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) team is a highly collaborative group of industry analysts. Members of the team work together to produce research that answers the most pressing questions being asked by technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. Research is delivered in the form of written documents, presentations, dialogues, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. A GTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader, and also an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on practitioner background from working in advanced technical roles (e.g. Infrastructure architect, Solution Architect, Network engineer, Cloud Architect/Engineer, CTO of a smaller organization, etc.)
- Develop thought leading research deliverables.
- Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
- Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
- Work with IT vendors/providers on product direction.
- Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
- Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
- Contribute to research and agenda planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- GTP is seeking an experienced technical professional with Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Computing architecture or engineering knowledge. Qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in three or more of the following areas:
- Experience with public cloud computing and infrastructure implementation at hyperscale providers. Specific knowledge or providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform is highly preferred.
- Preferred AWS Service Knowledge: EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Direct Connect, Lambda, ECS, EKS, Outposts, VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Preferred Azure Service Knowledge: Virtual Machines, Storage, vNET, AKS, Functions, Backup, Azure Stack, ExpressRoute.
- Preferred Google Cloud Platform Knowledge: Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, VPC, Cloud NAT, Cloud Interconnect, GKS.
- Experience in hybrid cloud and multicloud architectures.
- Experience with data center and infrastructure implementation. This may be in the fields of compute, storage, networking, backup, disaster recovery or availability.
- Experience with software defined infrastructure or virtualization including server virtualization, software defined storage (SDS) and software defined networking (SDN). It is preferred to have product knowledge with VMware ESX, vSAN and NSX.
- Experience with containers and orchestration– specifically implementation and architecture. It is preferred to have knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, VMware PKS.
- Experience with private cloud architecture including solutions such as VMware vCloud, Pivotal, Red Hat OpenShift and CloudFoundry.
- Experience with multiple infrastructure technology products from leading infrastructure vendors such as Cisco, Citrix, Commvault, Dell/EMC, HPE, IBM, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Veritas, VMware is expected.
- Experience with network architecture and services implementation, including both on-premises and cloud-based scenarios. Familiarity with practices and popular vendors is a plus including those from Arista, Cisco, Dell EMC, Juniper, VMware, etc.
- Experience with data center hosting architecture. It is highly preferred to have a background in working within privately owned data centers, colocation facilities and public cloud environments.
- Exposure to and interest with edge infrastructure or edge computing deployment models. Knowledge of solutions such as AWS Greengrass, Azure IoT Edge, 5G Networking, Dell Edge Gateways, HPE Edgeline Converged Edge System is highly preferred.
- The successful candidate has substantial expertise and is likely to be viewed as an evangelist for these topics in industry or within an enterprise.
- Industry certifications are highly preferred from leading vendors such as AWS, Cisco, Google, Microsoft or VMware.
- Candidates may come from an end user environment, hardware vendor, software vendor or cloud provider in the product team, creative design shop as a supplier and/or a consulting background in this space.
- Whilst hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate can see beyond design to meet business and commercial aims.
- Excellent writing and research skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including small to large audiences (500+ people)
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to graciously give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis. Willingness to openly consider new information. “Strong opinions, weakly held.”
- Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, mostly within the region, some international travel.
In addition to our competitive base salary, our benefits are first class. We offer:
- Comprehensive medical plan options with low employee contributions, including prescription drug coverage as well as Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company contribution and aggressive vesting schedule
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability pay, short-term disability pay, and optional supplemental insurance
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off plan with additional paid holidays
This position is remote and will be based in North America.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:35574
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top