Client Research Executive
Provide world class service while engaging directly with clients (internal & external), prospects, and vendors to coordinate requests with Gartner Research Analysts. By helping answer our client’s most pressing business and technology-related questions, successful RCS’s demonstrate strong problem solving skills, an analytical mind, and a passion for client service.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Accountable for content knowledge expertise in assigned technology area(s)
- Collaborate with internal business partners such as Sales and Research Analyst community to better understand client/prospect/vendor needs.
- Stay up to date on assigned core topics, published research and analyst agendas to enhance ability to service Inquires, Proof of Concepts (POC) and Vendor Briefing (VB) requests.
- Responsible for verifying that the client/prospect/vendor requests meet the minimum criteria for service and support in adherence to standard Gartner policies.
- Provide the Research Team Manager and/or the analyst with detailed insight in advance of the client/prospect/vendor engagement to ensure they are prepared and set up for success.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Analysts, Sales, Client Partner Group and Vendor/Analyst Relations community to increase effectiveness in the role.
- Utilizes Senior RCS and RES Managers as a point of escalation for problematic requests or unknown topical coverage areas.
- Impact of Role: Expected Results: Effectively manage high volume and demanding accounts and relationships.
- Work with Research Analysts to enhance knowledge of client needs and Gartner coverage.
- Support new projects as well as ongoing operations resulting in service that is on-time, on-budget and on-target to deliver the anticipated business value.
- Optimize Analyst resources and ensure that all travel is fully leveraged by Sales.
- Increase Sales productivity by efficiently identifying analyst resources, obtaining approvals when appropriate and accurately coordinating the engagement.
- A bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of experience in a professional business setting.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn, high degree of ambition, and drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize
- Capacity to work as part of a virtual global team
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to problem solve and bring timely resolution to escalation
- Process-driven, methodical, detail-oriented, and proficient working with business systems
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top