Client Director, Minneapolis, MN
- Flexible / Remote
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
The Client Director role is responsible for setting global strategy for global account clients or major regional accounts which are of substantial strategic and revenue generating importance. This position is typically focused on a single strategic account (large, multi-national companies) and is responsible for driving new business within that account, carrying a sales quota aligned with the specific account. This role is responsible for directing strategy for large, global accounts including driving and coordinating executed selling and relationship activities.
What you’ll do:
- Have oversight and a detailed understanding of large, global account business strategy, drivers, goals and initiatives and translating these into Gartner selling opportunities
- Establish and maintain executive relationships with clients to become the trusted advisor in all their primary locations
- Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention & account growth
- Exceed quota responsibility aligned to a specific set of accounts.
- Consistently execute and master Gartner’s internal sales methodology
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge of Gartner’s products and services
- Coordination with remote sales associates
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Maintain competitive knowledge & focus
- Oversee fiscal responsibility with regards to expense management
What you need:
- 15+ years sales experience with proven consultative selling, preferably experience in high technology (services, software or hardware)
- Proficiency in leading global account sales strategy and planning
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within large multi-national companies
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, business acumen
- Extensive and relevant industry knowledge, specific to a client
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with C-level decision makers
- Proficient across the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centers
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
Job Requisition ID:39352
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top