- Staines, United Kingdom
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
The Client Director role is responsible for setting global strategy for global account clients which are of substantial strategic and revenue generating importance. This position is typically focused on a single strategic account (large, multi-national companies) and is responsible for driving new business within that account, carrying a sales quota aligned with the specific account.
Key accountabilities include:
- Directing strategy for large, global accounts including driving and coordinating executed selling and relationship activities.
- Responsible for directing strategy for large, global accounts including driving and coordinating executed selling and relationship activities
- Responsible for detailed understanding of large, global account client business strategy, drivers, goals and initiatives and translating these into Gartner selling opportunities
- Establish and maintain executive relationships with clients to become the trusted advisor in all their primary locations
- Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention & account growth
- Quota responsibility aligned to a specific set of accounts.
- Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner’s internal sales methodology
- Coordination with remote sales associates
- Proficient in global account planning and understanding of territory management
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Maintain competitive knowledge & focus
- Fiscal responsibility with regards to expense management
- In-depth knowledge of Gartner’s products and services
- 15+ years external experience with proven consultative sales, preferably experience in high technology (services, software or hardware), with evidence of prior success in Sales.
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within large multi-national companies
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
- Proven ability to understand enterprise-wide issues and track record of selling into multiple buying centers (eg., IT, Marketing, Supply Chain, Strategy, VMO/Procurement, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centers
- Extensive and relevant industry knowledge, specific to vertical markets per territory
- Strong computer proficiency
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with contract decision makers (c-level)
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Language requirements as determined by territory needs
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong evidence of success in school
- Masters or advanced degree a plus
Job Requisition ID:37141
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top