Cash Applications Specialist
Cash Application Specialist
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role: Responsible for processing cash and credit card transactions for Gartner Worldwide invoices. Interaction and research for our internal/ external and 3 rd party vendor customers reconciling invoices.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in team projects, and facilitate with any acquisition integrations.
- Responsible for posting and applying Gartner Foreign and USD cash received internationally and within US to appropriate A/R and Non A/R accounts.
- Maintaining adjustments to Worldwide A/R accounts upon approved documentation.
- Preparation and help facilitate reconciliations to Worldwide GL.
- Processing and balancing credit cards internationally and within US daily.
- Assist in the Worldwide A/R Close and month end Oracle reporting.
- Prepare worldwide manual invoices within Oracle sub ledger and may include VAT tax.
- Maintaining and pulling copies of unapplied credit/cash balance Worldwide.
- Prepare Worldwide Debit/Credit Memos and refunds relating to A/R Sub Ledger.
- Verbal and written client interactions.
- Events and Digital Markets invoicing and collections with internal and external customer service including 3rd party events partners.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
About Gartner :
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What you’ll need:
- 2-4 years’ experience working with collections and accounting functions.
- Familiarity of e-commerce business processes.
- Strong initiative to lead projects in a team environment.
- Comfortable using Windows, Word and Excel, Outlook, Oracle, and OPI.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills.
- Effective Listening skills.
- Problem analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiar with currency exchange rates.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top