Business Development Representative - Inside Sales - Capterra
Capterra, a Gartner company, helps people find the right software for their business, and were looking to grow our team! Were located in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia – mere blocks from the Metro and surrounded by nearby restaurants, parks and the Ballston Commons Mall. We’ve been named one of the best places to work in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and Capterra has been listed in the Inc. 5000 for being one of the fastest growing companies in the country for the past 7 years.
About the Job:
Let’s face it, we live in an age where user reviews make a major impact in a buyer’s mind during the decision making process. Our team is looking for an outgoing sales super-star type mentality to help us recruit software vendor reviews for the network of Gartner Digital Markets web properties (Capterra, Software Advice and GetApp). Your mission will be to help us recruit more user reviews on our websites and you’ll play an integral part in strengthening our reputation as trusted resources for buyers looking for software.
In this role you will campaign via phone and email to build relationships with the software vendors in our Reviews Program, and maintain those relationship throughout the lifecycle. We’ll assign you a territory of software providers (who are not yet our clients) and measure your success based on overall revenue increases and reviews per product. You’ll also help us build awareness of and engagement with the Gartner Digital Markets review program and create more opportunities for potential clients.
Ideal Candidate Will Be:
An overachiever. You don’t just meet goals, you consistently exceed them. These goals maximize impact and drive the strategies, processes and decisions you make.
- Extraordinarily persistent. This isn't a traditional sales role, but you must have a confident sales-like mentality. You don’t know the meaning of the word “quit.”
- Comfortable with the bigwigs . You’ll be creating meaningful c-level relationships, so you must have top-notch executive presence and communication skills.
- Able to talk the talk. You are lively, bold, and understand some of the basics of tech and digital marketing. Bonus points if you’ve worked with marketing professionals and tech providers in the past.
- Bachelor's Degree and 0-2 years' full-time work experience
- Experience in a sales role including cold calling experience
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of business acumen
Job ID 00020561
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top