Business Development Representative (Inside Sales) - Capterra
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
Capterra, a Gartner company, is located in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, VA – mere blocks from the Metro and surrounded by restaurants, parks and the Ballston Commons Mall. We’ve been named one of the best places to work in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and have been listed in the Inc. 5000 for being one of the fastest growing companies in the country for the past 7 years.
About the Job
Let’s face it, we live in an age where user reviews greatly influence a buyer’s selection during the decision making process. Our team is looking for an individual with an outgoing sales super-star mentality to help us recruit product reviews for the network of Gartner Digital Markets web properties (Capterra, Software Advice and GetApp). Your mission will be to help us recruit more user reviews on our websites and play an integral part in strengthening our reputations as a trusted resource for software buyers.
What you’ll do
Campaign via phone and email to build relationships with the software vendors in our Reviews Program, and maintain those relationship throughout the lifecycle.
You’ll have an assigned territory of software providers and success will be measured on your ability to increase overall reviews leading to revenue growth.
You’ll help build awareness of, and engagement with the Gartner Digital Markets review program, and will have the opportunity to convert prospects into potential clients.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with 2-4 years' full-time work experience
- Recent experience in a sales role including cold calling
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of business acumen
- Leadership skills (a plus). This is a new team and we’ll be putting many processes in place. There will also be opportunities to lead others as we continue to grow.
Who you are
- An overachiever - You don’t just meet goals, you consistently exceed them. These goals maximize impact and drive the strategies, processes and decisions you make.
- Extraordinarily persistent - This isn't a traditional sales role, but you must have a confident sales-like mentality. You don’t know the meaning of the word “quit.”
- Comfortable with the bigwigs - You’ll create meaningful c-level relationships, so you must have top-notch executive presence and communication skills.
- Able to talk the talk - You are lively, bold, and have a basic understanding of tech and digital marketing. Bonus points if you’ve worked with marketing professionals and/or tech providers in the past.
What we offer
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Our comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities
Job ID 00019793
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top