Business Development Manager- Software Advice
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the market leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a growth-focused company.
About the Job:
Software Advice, a Gartner company, is an innovative demand generation service for the software industry. We’re looking for an energetic, outgoing and optimistic sales manager to lead our team to new heights.
What you’ll do:
- Chart our path. You’ll discover which clients we need most. You will then identify innovative ways to bring them on board.
- Keep us focused. You will understand our vision and pursue it relentlessly. You won’t let anything slip between the cracks.
- Learn our business inside and out. You have the brains and ambition to learn our business - and 23 software markets - in record time. Selling it will then come naturally to you.
- Manage the team. You’ll ensure our team is crushing goals and always set up for success
What you’ll need
- Persistence. You’re the champion of the business world. You don’t know the meaning of the word “quit.”
- Competitive nature. You are driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by meeting aggressive goals, and helping your team do the same.
- Great communication skills. You’ll be responsible for training, providing feedback, and growing your team, while also communicating and helping to inform/drive success among teams across the business
- Innovation. We expect you to consistently present great ideas and new strategies for our teams. If you see a problem, you quickly figure out a way to fix it.
Who you are
- A self starter. We’re looking for someone who’s in it to win it, and can come in on day and start contributing.
- Collaborative worker . You’ll work collaboratively among a team of professionals who are just as driven by success as you.
- Experienced. You’ve demonstrated your ability to successfully build and develop high-performing sales teams.
- Entrepreneurial. In order to succeed you’ll need to be the type who’s not afraid to take risks, get down to business and exceed.
What we offer
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation . We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks” -- including the opportunity for established performers to work from anywhere in the world for up to four consecutive weeks per year.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top