Business Development Manager, Large Enterprise: Finance
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Do you love all things selling related? Learn how to master sales—from the company that literally wrote the book on it.
Gartner needs a Business Development Manager to focus on growing our member base, rather than developing business within well-established accounts. If you have a sharply honed consulting style, this is your chance to be an integral part of our own growth and revenue achievements. You will also target top executives of previously untapped potential member companies, drive the pivotal moment where leads become sales, and reap the rewards of negotiating contracts through to a successful close.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Generate C-level leads through professional networking and conducting telephone-based or virtual sales meetings.
- Build new business throughout ANZ, and identify new business opportunities in new-to-Gartner corporations.
- Turn senior executives into active members through consultative selling, manage the full negotiation and close process, and handle the transition of these active members to the account manager team.
- Demonstrate commercial agility and acuity for effectively articulating the programs’ value proposition and diagnosing the prospective members’ business needs.
- Manage an average sales cycle of 60 days or less.
- Close deals consistently
[VIDEO] Hear from our Sales team.
We Want a BDM with These Qualifications
- 5+ years of successful sales/business development experience, including commercial negotiations with C-level decision makers in blue-chip companies
- Ability to handle revenue responsibility and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
- Proven ability to precisely manage and forecast a complex sales process
- Strong interpersonal skills; can quickly build rapport and deliver compelling, persuasive arguments to an executive-level audience
- Solid understanding of business concepts & dynamics for large national and international corporations
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Willingness to conduct ANZ-wide travel as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in addition to a business-related post-graduate degree)
What Gartner Can Offer You
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped incentive compensation
- Formal paid training and on-boarding program
- Full benefits package
- The opportunity to directly impact the world's most powerful executives
About the Firm
Gartner, works in partnership with leading organizations around the globe to develop innovative solutions to drive corporate performance. Gartner equips leaders at more than 10,000 companies with the intelligence to effectively manage talent, customers, and operations. Gartner is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and more than 85% of the FTSE 100.
Gartner is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Job Requisition ID:29080
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top