Business Development Manager
Business Development Managers are assigned a geographic territory within specific geographies. Their goal is to prospect companies which are not presently purchasing Gartner Research. The purpose is to identify key buying centers in these companies to sell Gartner Research to expand Gartner’s net new client base.
- Leverage key best practices to drive and successfully sell new business opportunities; build and effectively manage a list of new individuals and new clients to drive business development.
- Strong focus on selling to only net new/prospective clients and transitioning closed clients to existing AEs within 30 days of closing for continued Gartner service.
- Collaborate with internal resources and external network to prioritize and penetrate key accounts; quickly build relationships with key stakeholders to drive business.
- Primary focus net new logos / net new client accounts.
- Identify key decision makers and develop strategic relationships to drive revenue.
- Achieve and exceed quota.
- Timely and accurate revenue forecasting.
- Compliance in utilizing internal sales enablement tools and management processes.
- Utilizing account planning and time management tools to drive an increase of research revenue to an assigned quota.
- Follow determined BDD best practices developed through collaboration with peers or delivered by SLD team.
- Bachelors’ Degree Preferred
- Minimum 7+ years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services, s/w, h/w) to large multinational companies.
- Ability to build credibility quickly with new clients; relationship should be developed at the highest level and other key stakeholders.
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and strong ability to transition prospects to clients.
- Proven experience in closing enterprise-wide complex sales solutions, by structuring innovation, integrated solutions that provide IT decision makers value and support in achieving their business goals.
- High level of clock speed; ability to comprehend and problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others in the organization with no direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition of Research at the executive level.
- Ability to uncover and prioritize prospective client’s KI’s to drive a shortened sales cycle.
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centers.
- Prior experience utilizing a corporate/enterprise-wide CRM tool.
- Intermediate to advanced competence in Excel.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top