Business Development Manager
Gartner is the world’s leading Technology Research and Advisory Company. If you have drive, intellect, executive presence and sales skills, a world of opportunity awaits you in the EMEA Sales Organization. Over the last five years, our organization has doubled in size, we have offices in all the major European cities, and our goal is to attract and retain the best sales professionals throughout Europe. We are on track to double in size again by 2020.
Commercial Focus, Global/ Enterprise Clients. Clients could be from a range of industries depending on your background and experience, these could include Automotive, Aerospace, Energy, Professional Services, Manufacturing, Pharma, Oil and Gas, Utilities, Retail, CPG, Industrial, Engineering, and many more.
Business Development Directors are assigned a geographic territory within a vertical -this role focuses on commercial enterprise clients as described above. The role involves end to end sales cycle -from prospecting to close. Once a business is on board -they will transition over to the Account Management team. You will be a key part of helping to drive Gartner’s annual double digit growth goals.
- Implement value selling processes - alongside in depth knowledge of Gartner’s products and services – Developed by our world class training Academy
- Strong focus on selling to only net new/prospective clients and transitioning closed clients to the Account Management within 30 days
- Collaborate with internal resources and network to identify and target key clients
- Identify key decision makers and develop strategic relationships with C-suite
- Achieve and exceed quota.
- Timely and accurate revenue forecasting.
- The role is focused on driving new revenue, and does not involve retention or renewal.
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience within solution sales, from a services, software, or consultative environment
- Ability to build credibility quickly with new clients; relationship should be developed at the highest level and other key stakeholders.
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and strong ability to transition prospects to clients.
- Proven experience in closing enterprise-wide complex sales solutions, by structuring innovative, integrated solutions that provide IT decision makers value and support in achieving their business goals.
- Ability to comprehend and problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others in the organization with no direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition of Gartner Research at the executive level.
- Ability to uncover and prioritize prospective client’s key initiatives to drive a shortened sales cycle.
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centres.
- Demonstrates presentation/written skills at an executive level; Excellent communicator who is able to formulate, coordinate and implement account strategy and articulate the positive financial impact to client organization of investing in Gartner.
- High level of professionalism and integrity which builds trustworthy relationships both internally with Gartner colleagues and externally with prospective clients.
Your application and the data therein are received and processed by Gartner UK Ltd., which is operating as shared HR service provider for the EMEA entities of the Gartner group. Your application will be shared by Gartner UK Ltd. with those persons within the Gartner group which decide about the steps of your application.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top