Business Data Specialist
Business Data Specialist
What makes Gartner Research Board a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research Board, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Executive Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are CIOs from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies.
Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Business Data Specialist will produce and manage data, provide analyses and identify opportunities to drive retention improvement and sales growth at the Research Board.
Maintain business databases, assemble, sort and process business data and perform necessary analyses to produce ad hoc, monthly, and quarterly Research Board dashboards and reporting. Each month the reporting process will need to be adjusted to meet the evolving needs of a rapidly growing business unit with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactively suggest and undertake improvements in the accuracy, efficiency, and actionability of reporting.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate repeatable work and make self-service capabilities available to RB leaders.
- Partner with RB leaders to identify and support strategic RB initiatives, and help RB managers and associates maintain focus on key metrics.
What you’ll do:
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrated experience with statistical analysis and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- High level of attention to detail, thoroughness and commitment to data quality and analytic rigor.
- Excellent communication and listening skills. Strong command of the English language (both written and spoken) with ability to communicate analyses and results effectively, both in text and visual form.
- High degree of technical competency—skill with Salesforce.com development and command of Excel required. Understanding of (or ability to acquire understanding of) other data management toolsets as required.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree with specialization in statistics, data science, operational research, mathematics, or finance preferred
- Experience level of 1 to 2 years in analysis, data management and/or data mining experience combined with relevant experience in a business environment responsible for analytics reporting
- Experience in Salesforce will be desirable
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
Who you are:
- Communicates well, both verbal & written
- Self-driven and growth oriented mindset, able to deliver high productivity
- Has an eye for detail with a particular focus on accuracy and quality
- Team player who can accept and provide constructive feedback
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top