Business Analyst - Data Science
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Business Analyst - Data Scientist
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About the role
We are searching for talented engineers and science majors to join our team. We are searching for top talent that will help solve some of the most challenging problems in the IT world using data science methodologies. You will have access to the best facilities, technology and expertise within the industry and will work on challenging problems that would include looking at large volumes of data and deriving insights from them. You will be working to build algorithms to solve some of our advanced retention initiatives. You will also have opportunities to work on several business initiatives and be empowered to lead problem solving. This is an excellent opportunity to be in high-impact teams, where you can truly develop your skill set and knowledge and bring impact to the business.
What you’ll do
You will get opportunities to solve world class problems in a world class company.
- Drive retention and growth by empowering service delivery groups and sales in some of our initiatives as required:
- Work on cross-product initiatives that are of high importance and bring significant impact on retention
- Automate creation of most relevant content for clients using NLP, these would connect Gartner product offerings to client needs by working with Client Partners, thereby displaying value we could provide
- Conceive, build and continuously enhance systems and tool as a senior business analyst in a data science team that would enable our Service associates to engage the clients in an operationally effective way
- Work on several initiatives that have unstructured data, derive key insights that are top priorities for different companies and automate the process by integrating with a UI
- Derive recommendations for clients on important IT priorities based on their usage and other players in the industry
- Streamline processes with stakeholders across initiatives so there is a productivity gain in our initiatives
- Innovate on initiatives that would save time for our Service associates allowing them to call and engage more clients
- Find opportunities to automate content or process using machine learning algorithms and working with IT so it could lead to productivity increase and time savings
- Here is a sample of some data science initiatives you would work on:
- Automate several content delivery modules to engage clients using machine learning algorithms
- Derive key insights utilizing unsupervised machine learning based on hundreds of pages of unstructured data from several sources
- Build statistical models to predict retention probabilities dynamically for a given client and help Service Delivery leverage that data
- Prioritize what clients our Service Delivery associates should talk to and what Gartner asset they should recommend to convert an unengaged client to an engaged one.
- Analyze surveys and correlation between survey responses and client engagement in a meaningful way so as to result in actionable insights
- Use regression models to determine factors that impact retention leading to client engagement
- Meaningful extraction of key client priorities using text analytics
- Derive what content to recommend to clients when our Service Associate is looking to engage a client
- Extract features and signals from diverse data collections
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree from tier one schools
- PhD/Masters a plus
- Degree major in Physics, Math, Technology, Computer Science and related branches preferred (focus on Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval a plus)
- 3 years’ experience working on solving problems that involve utilizing Machine Learning techniques and NLP
- Projects in data science methodologies or software development is required
- Knowledge or R or Python needed to be able to code the models
- Knowledge of statistical models to build into models a big plus
- Ability to work on projects that involve use of the following:
- Machine Learning and statistical techniques
- Data mining and recommendation systems
- Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval
- Work with large volumes of data
- Dynamic user behavior modeling
Who you are
- A team player. You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Passionate about learning. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
- Organized and detailed-oriented . You think ahead of time about how best to implement new features, and your code is clean, well-organized and properly documented.
- Innovative. You are always proactively looking for opportunities to problem solve using innovative methods that impact the business
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:40657
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top