What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
This role would entail working through large volumes of data to come up with business insights. You will also have opportunities to work on several business initiatives and be empowered to lead problem solving. You will work in partnership with our service organizations to track leading and lagging indicators while identifying opportunities to improve productivity as well as improvements in client retention. You will focus on continuous improvement in the business analytics and reporting team and proactively identify ways to work more smartly through automating your regular reports. This is an excellent opportunity to be in high-impact teams, where you can truly develop your skill set and knowledge and bring impact to the business.
What you’ll do:
- Be the subject matter expert and facilitator for all advanced analytics related to service organizations covering both strategic and tactical aspects; specialize in advanced analytics and data science projects
- Conduct both directed and proactive analysis on various aspects of the business units supported to help improve client retention, service productivity leveraging both leading and lagging indicators
- Work with senior stakeholders closely to deliver advanced data driven decision making for the business
- Drive innovation to come up with new analytics providing new business ideas and strategies
- The analyses will cover machine learning, advanced statistical concepts like multi-variate analysis, decision trees, random forest, logistic regression, data mining, recommendation systems, user behavior modelling etc. that will have direct impact on client engagement and retention
- Provide intelligence to track progress on several improvement initiatives being run in the organization. Own the success of such initiatives through deep-dives, pilots and large scale roll outs
What you’ll need:
- Graduation in Engineering, Maths or Statistics from Tier 1 institutes like IIT, NIT, BITS, ISI etc.
- At least 2 years of experience in business analytics and data science
- Strong Microsoft Office expertise – Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Working knowledge of two or more of the following – R, Python, SQL, VBA Macros, MS-Access, Power BI
- Deep analytical thinker with experience in deriving business insights from data analytics
- Detail-oriented with high personal standard for quality and accuracy along with a strategic mindset to interpret and bring out the ‘so what’ from data
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; Be a self-starter who can anticipate business needs and fulfill on them in a proactive manner
- Exposure to Lean, Six sigma, process improvement projects would be an added advantage.
Who you are:
- You love quantitative problem solving and are excited about representing business information using numbers
- You want to engage senior clients in data-driven discussions and act as an consultant to the business teams
- You want to grow deep into business analytics and data science field as a long term career while still develop necessary business acumen
- You are passionate about data science as a field and are excited to grow as a business leader specializing in data science
What we offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner sales associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job ID 00014160
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top