Boston - Account Executive- Emerging Technology Providers
Account Executive- Emerging & Midsize Technology Providers
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to 11,700 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 6,700 associates, including 1,544 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries.
We are seeking highly motivated, achievement-driven sales associates to contribute to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a world-class sales organization. In addition to a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits, Gartner sales associates can enjoy generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense- paid trips to exotic locations around the world. Come be a part of our incredible growth organization!
About Gartner for Emerging & Midsize Technology Providers:
Gartner for Emerging & Midsize Technology Providers is designed to meet our client’s unique requirements by raising their competitive advantage, with access to the same trusted industry research used by their largest competitors. You will help these Emerging & Midsize Technology Providers track evolving technology markets and better understand how IT end users make their buy decisions, helping our clients create and seize market opportunity with confidence. You will be a key contributor to the growth of one of the fastest growing sales channel at Gartner and will assist Emerging & Midsize Technology Providers go from startup to grown up.
The Account Executive is a field sales role responsible for direct client contract value, retention growth through contract expansion, and the introduction of new products and services. The Boston territory for this role includes specific major client accounts, and carries a sales quota of $1 Million+ of contract value.
This role is responsible for:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartner’s products and services Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention and account growth Quota responsibility of $1 Million+ of contract value within a territory of major account sized client accounts Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner’s internal sales methodology Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis Maintain competitive knowledge and focus Fiscal responsibility with regards to expense management In-depth knowledge of Gartner’s products and services
- 4+ years with proven consultative sales experience, preferably in high technology (services, SaaS, software or hardware)
- Consistent track record of annual sales overachievement.
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within medium and large organizations
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
- Strong computer proficiency
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with contract decision makers (C-level)
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong evidence of success in school
- Masters or advanced degree a plus
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top