Automotive and Smart Mobility Expert, Gartner Research, Flexible European Location
Gartner is recruiting for a candidate with global experience in Smart Mobility and Automotive business and technology, applications and technologies to support Automobile and general vehicle manufacturers, suppliers and supply chains.
As a Research Director, the candidate will collaborate with other team members to identify and research areas and topics of significant research interest and need in the Automotive and Transportation Industries. The selected candidate will advise Gartner clients on a wide variety of technical and management issues. T his individual must be familiar with the processes, drivers and challenges to automotive companies, customers, partners, governments and societies, as well as the activity cycles surrounding the deployment and implementation of technologies supporting connected vehicles and smart mobility. The ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable about the entire value chain of the broader area of smart mobility.
The analyst will have strong technical skills, but must also be able to address some of the management challenges and strategies as the digital world evolves.
This Research Director position includes the following specific tasks:
- Prepare thought-leading, actionable written research, working in a peer review structure.
- Support inquiries from clients across multiple time zones.
- Speak at Gartner or other conferences as a subject-matter expert.
- Demonstrate skill at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data.
- Attend vendor briefings, vendor events, client meetings or exhibitions as required to further Gartner’s research position.
- Assist other parts of Gartner when required, for example: sales support; support to Gartner’s separate consulting division.
Coverage could include but is not limited to:
- The impact of IoT and other technology advancements on the emergence of automotive, transportation and smart mobility innovations
- The emergence of connected vehicles and their impact on organizations, consumers, partners, governments and societies
- The evolution of the “internet of vehicles”, including vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure communications and their impact on business models and industry convergence
- Key technologies and innovations that organizations track, assess and utilize to advance connected vehicle and smart mobility offerings
- Market trends and consumer needs regarding connected vehicles and smart mobility
- Information Technology innovation initiatives in the transportation industry
- How smart mobility and the digital transformation in the automotive domain is changing business models in the automotive segment as well as adjacent sectors
- The evolution of the ecosystem of automotive companies and technology and service providers
- Vendors supporting technologies unique to this evolution
Desired Skills an d Experience
- 7- 10+ years of recent experience in the Automotive/Transportation space
- Additional experience from another industry is beneficial
- 5 to 10 years of IT experience
- Knowledge and experience with Connected vehicles and smart mobility
- Understanding of IT needs of vehicle manufacturers
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of vendors in this market
- Ability to compare and contrast vendor offerings
- Contract review experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- US location, preferably Detroit, MI area
- Bachelor’s Degree required Masters degree or higher preferred
What We Offer In addition to our highly competitive base salary and bonus structure, our benefits are first class. We offer:
- Comprehensive medical plan options with low employee contributions, including prescription drug coverage as well as Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company contribution and aggressive vesting schedule
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability pay, short-term disability pay, and optional supplemental insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off plan with additional paid holidays
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top