Associate Software Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Talent Neuron is the world’s leading source of global talent demand and supply data, predictive analytics and insights into real-time job market, location, and competitive intelligence to help clients make smarter talent planning and recruiting decisions. Our clients include market leaders like Microsoft and Verizon and hundreds of other large and midsized enterprise companies, and the business is growing quickly. The Talent Neuron Data Harvesting team is feeding all Talent Neuron products that provides strategic insights to our clients or supports highly strategic client’s decisions.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. This is a hands on role where your programming skills will be highly utilized where you will need to demonstrate the skills, confidence, and willingness to learn from senior engineering and product management team members while adding your own abilities to deliver solutions.
- Creating alerting capabilities / monitoring the health of our systems or events management.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack: hardware, software, applications and network in Linux and Windows environments
- Oversee the management of proxies
- Recommends alternative processes and solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to improve the platform
- Build tools automate processes to eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes, thereby maintaining a highly available scalable platform
- Work to integrate, automate and support the organization’s AWS configuration management system
- Develop and modify code in support of the company's projects
- Software benchmarking.
- Participate in the engineering process as we design, build, and manage our systems
- Require 2-3 yrs experience in Java
- Administration of web servers running Apache, Nginx + Networking including load balancing, firewalls and routing
- Collaboration with monitoring team for alerting, and setting-up analyzing system metrics to identify problems and understand system behavior
- Experience working with Linux operating systems / Linux system administration
- Proficient in scripting with two or more of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C#, Pearl, Node.js, PHP
- Knowledge of AWS platform and its services
- Knowledge of the DevOps tool chain on the AWS Linux platform: Jenkins, python/ java, ansible, chef, confluence, git, etc.
- Knowledge of CI/CD process and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with build & deploy tools (i.-e.: Git, BitBucket, Mercurial, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of open source technologies and tools in support of cross-team collaboration
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium
- Strong problem solving skills
- A passion for innovation
- Collaboration, drive open communication and reach across functional global and remote teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share technical knowledge and information with others.
Nice to Have:
- Web scrapping exposure
- Visual Web Ripper Experience
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:23957
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 23957
Back to top