Associate Software Engineer
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Talent Neuron is the world’s leading source of global talent demand and supply data, predictive analytics and insights into real-time job market, location, and competitive intelligence to help clients make smarter talent planning and recruiting decisions. Our clients include market leaders like Microsoft and Verizon and hundreds of other large and midsized enterprise companies, and the business is growing quickly. The Talent Neuron Data Harvesting team is feeding all Talent Neuron products that provides strategic insights to our clients or supports highly strategic client’s decisions.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. This is a hands on role where your programming skills will be highly utilized where you will need to demonstrate the skills, confidence, and willingness to learn from senior engineering and product management team members while adding your own abilities to deliver solutions.
- This position requires technical skills and an ability to resolve complex problems while working on time-boxed, multiple concurrent development projects.
- Understand, suggest and choose from, possible technical solutions/tools to satisfy business needs-choices that reflect a solution that balances design, use, and support. Use the best practices/techniques for keeping the design/solution under control without excessive work or rework.
- Able to quickly learn/work on various technologies like Java, JSF, PHP, MySQL.
- Ability to work on difficult sites or Identify/build a new way to scrap data from various sites using Visual Web Ripper.
- Peer technical review including design, code review and testing.
- Guide other team members in providing web scrapping solution for difficult source.
Key Skills, Experience & Education Needed for Success:
- Need 2-3 yrs exp in Java
- Strong understanding of OOPS and Web principles
- Having good understanding of HTML, CSS, DOM, XPath.
- Deep understanding of Core Java and web framework JSF/Spring
- Hands on experience in database development with MySql and/or SQL Server
- Hands on knowledge of any ORM
- Hands on experience in Subversion and Mercurial repositories.
- Knowledge of multi-tiered software design
- Understanding of design patters and ability to solve complex technical design challenges
- Demonstrated experience in unit test formation and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field required; Master’s degree is a plus
Nice to have:
- Web scrapping exposure
- AWS Exposure
- Visual Web Ripper Experience
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:23956
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 23956
Back to top