Associate Graphic Designer, Gartner Research & Advisory
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner Creative India a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Creative, you’ll partner with in house-group focused on delivering content excellence. We believe that great design is at the heart of every experience. We use are creative skills to design research content that allows clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our creative associates earn a competitive base salary and exceptional benefits—along with top training and professional support. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, design-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
The Associate Designer is responsible for influencing the client experience through contributing to the creation of data visualization, illustration, and layout that best supports and communicates our best practice, insight-driven research. As a member of the in-house design team, the Associate Designer will work with internal clients to create products of varying length, size, and complexity (e.g., webinars, meeting presentations, reports), ensure the design is representative of company graphic and brand standards, and drive internal partners towards deadlines that meet strategic company goals.
What you’ll do:
- Expert Designer and Brand Guardian
- Enforce consistency of brand standards and work internally with cross-functional teams to stay up to date with changes; have a strong familiarity with look, feel, voice and overall brand presence.
- Create high-end quality work in a fast-pace and process-driven environment, to meet deadlines and client expectations for creativity, quality, and accuracy using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Influence the final product by steering clients toward the best design option and/or supporting creation of design that lead project designers use in final products
- Evangelize the in-house style, guidelines, and templates to internal partners; seek areas of improvement or need based on brand visual identity.
- Maintain a high degree of quality control through self-proofing and adhering to the CEB style guide.
- Project Management
- Determine and allocate the time needed to accomplish each project throughout the day, week, or month.
- Ensure that all projects are completed at the proper time for each phase of the project timeline and provide timely status updates to associates.
- Coordinate client approval and signoff.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while weighing the importance of specific jobs and prioritizing accordingly.
- Work with Project Managers to develop, monitor, manage, and revise project scope documents, time lines, and processes.
- Schedule reviews with managers, art directors, and editors to ensure high product output without disruption to timeline.
- Client Service and Communication
- Communicate professionally during stressful situations, resolving problems effectively and positively.
- Passionately serve internal clients, developing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Work with senior leaders to resolve complex production and project issues with a collaborative, solution-oriented approach.
- Facilitate communication globally with internal research teams and design peers to meet daily deliverables.
- Other Responsibilities
- Work closely with peers to resolve problems effectively and positively.
- Balance design and adherence to admin tasks to ensure high productivity regardless of workflow.
- Actively participate in meetings.
- Embrace formal and informal feedback, incorporating into everyday work and performance.
- Related duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- College degree in a graphic design or closely-related discipline
- 1+ year of experience in a graphic design role
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design sense with strong typography, illustration, and publication design skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated understanding AP standard proofreading marks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform gracefully under pressure and meet inflexible and shifting deadlines
- Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Willingness to be flexible to project needs; availability to work long days and weekends as needed
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Must be flexible to changing conditions and aware of project deadlines independent of manager, peer, and client reminders
- Must exhibit teamwork with internal clients and other members of the creative team, take direction yet make decisions independently
Who you are:
- Exceptional attention to detail, capable of delivering error free content
- Strong communicator (verbal and written)
- Able to perform gracefully under pressure and provide guidance on inflexible and shifting deadlines
- Superior customer service ethic and interpersonal skills
- Organized and multitasker
- Flexible and aware that some deadlines are accomplished after hours or in weekends.
- Change agent and team oriented
- Big picture thinker
- Independent and thought partner
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with advancement potential, Gartner creative associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus based on performance
- And staff friendly time off policies
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:G21121
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top