Associate Director, Public Sector IT Strategy Consulting
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team help clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the Public Sector practice is growing its team the west region. Ideally looking for talent in the Sacramento, Seattle and possibly Bay Area.
The Associate Director will be an integral part of a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of multinational, large-scale organizations in the Public Sector Services. You will help to lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their IT strategies and support them implement technology solutions in support of their mission critical priorities (MCPs). As a successful Associate Director, you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage Gartner standard methodologies such as financial analysis, project health assessments, risk analysis, infrastructure modernization and standard consulting management skills.Requirements Solicitation, Alternatives Analysis and Procurement Support
- Sourcing and Vendor Management
- Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Independently lead workstreams
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
P rofessional experience:
· Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
· Significant IT industry understanding; experience in Public Sector Project Management/ Engagement Management is highly preferred
· Experience managing medium to large- size projects & demonstrated success in leading people and projects
· MBA qualification desirable
· Business development experience, evidence of developing new service advantageous;
· Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse environment;
· Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
· Ability to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
· Ability to make informed decisions and seek and accept guidance and coaching from team;
· Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
· Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
· Ability to synthesis and translate complex technical aspects into business terms and define from business objectives and constraints complex technical solutions;
· Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
o CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
o Digital Transformation;
o Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
o Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
o Enterprise Architecture;
o Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
o Security and Risk Management techniques;
o Business Intelligence;
o Insight and Analytics.
Job ID 00018336
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top