Associate Director, IT Strategy Consulting, Telecommunications
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their Go-to-Market IT strategies.
As a talented Associate Director, you will:
- Support all components of our largest proposals and engagements including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Manage the engagement proposals and engagement deliverables, responsible for client delivery.
- Identify, develop and document issues and strategic recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
- Conduct interviews and manage interactions with board-level client management and key senior stakeholders to gain an understanding of client business conditions, risks and controls.
- Manage and sign-off on the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
- Manage the coordination and communicating of key findings and results of engagements supervising written reports and oral presentations to senior client management and key senior stakeholders.
- Assist your Managing Partner with the management and co-ordination of your practice team including recruitment, appraisals and development.
- Maintain a Director level expertise and currency in industry leading information management technologies.
- Support the delivery of board-level engagement reports and presenting key findings to board-level executives and stakeholders.
- Support and mentor all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your practice team.
- Develop, build and maintain board-level client relationships.
- Contribute to the development of project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies.
- Present a board-level professional image in conduct, attitude and conduct.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Completed university level education with an outstanding and consistent academic record, MBA qualification preferred;
- Significant IT industry understanding;
- Experience working with a portfolio of Telecommunications clients;
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in one of our German offices and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
- Fluency in German and English
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Due to the nature of the business this role can be based in Frankfurt, Düsseldorf or Munich
Job Requisition ID:32535
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top