Associate Director, IT Strategy Consulting, Based in Rio
Associate Director, IT Strategy Consulting, Telecommunications (Initially based in Rio de Janeiro)
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team help clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve.
In Italy our Telecommunications team are looking for an Associate Director to support a long term assignment with a major client in Rio de Janeiro, and so the role will be 95% based in Brazil. When this project is complete the responsibilities of the role will then be with our clients in Italy and the role will be relocated to Rome.
The Associate Director will be an integral part of a multinational team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of multinational, global or large-scale organisations in the Telecommunications sector. You will help to lead the engagement, advising the client at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies. As a successful Associate Director, you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- MBA qualification desirable;
- Significant IT industry understanding; experience in the Telecommunications sector advantageous;
- Fluency in the Portuguese,and English languages;
- Italian language skills advantageous;
- Willingness to be based in Rio de Janeiro and to relocate to Italy in future;
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Business development experience, evidence of developing new service advantageous;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Ability to analyze problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top