Associate Director, IT Strategy Consulting, Applications Consulting
- Staines, United Kingdom
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
Our Consulting Associate Directors are responsible for high-level project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. This includes end-to-end evaluation of our clients’ problems and development and communication of the solution and any recommendations. You will manage teams, and advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters, focusing on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
What you’ll need
- Min 5-6 years in Manager/Senior Manager role as Solution Architect;
- Package software background (examples of package software: Oracle, SAP, Workday, Salesforce, etc.);
- Software Strategy, implementation, support experience and knowledge;
- Business Process Requirements and Design Knowledge;
- Application Lifecycle, Rationalisation, Modernisation, Governance management;
- Knowledge and practical experience in Application Development and Maintenance ;
- Cloud platforms knowledge and usage experience. Governance models and implementation knowledge;
- Back-Office, Front-Office Business Capabilities knowledge;
- Manufacturing, Consumer Business, Pharma, Retail, Utility, Financial Services and Insurance, Public Sector, High Technology and Telecommunications Providers industry knowledge. (Minimum 2-3 industry experiences would be ideal);
- Experience in consulting is desirable;
- Practical experience of leading and managing the delivery of projects is essential;
- Knowledge of, and experience in, agile ways of working;
Who you are
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives, both internally and externally
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred
Job Requisition ID:40794
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top